La Casa nel Bosco
Infos & Local tips
This will be your Tuscan home, your fairy nest for the next days.
We're happy to have you here and we'll do our best to assist you during your stay.
We wrote for you this online welcoming book, take some minutes to browse it, you'll find answers and inspirations.
WHO ARE YOUR HOSTS
Happy to meet you!
We are Cristina and Gloria, we've known each other since Gloria was born in 1982. We have always been neighbors and friends.
Cristina babysat Gloria when she was a baby and Gloria now repays Cristina's patience helping her as a Co-Host. Cristina lives on the upper floor, Gloria next door at n. 35.
Welcome to our magic hill!
HOW TO REACH US
Add to your GPS this position: https://maps.app.goo.gl/bzczmniBULDgcb196?g_st=iwb it is the intersection between via San Clemente and via Montefiano (our private road).
This is the beginning of via Montefiano:
Take via Montefiano and turn off the GPS. Follow the signs with written Gloria Mottini Experience, like this:
You'll find 4 fo them and the last one will bring you in the parking area. Leave your car in front of La Casa nel Bosco gate (n° 37), here:
Welcome to the Magic Hill! Now you are part of our hillside community!
KEYS COLOR: ORANGE => gate at the parking area, PURPLE => main door at the end of the stairs, GREEN => central door open space / kitchen, BLACK => garden door at the sofa room.
LOCAL UNIQUE CULINARY EXPERIENCES DURING YOUR STAY
Gloria, friend, neighbor and Co-Host of Cristina (the owner of La Casa nel Bosco) also runs Cook with Gloria Mottini a culinary experiences' venue in her family villa.
Have a look at the experiences' menu and get inspiration!
Or if you're dreaming of planning a private event have a look here.
Gloria is 1 min walking from La Casa nel Bosco.
FIESOLE, YOUR VILLAGE
In Fiesole, 5 minutes by car, you can find (click for direct links)
- Supermarket: Coop
- Pharmacy: Farmacia Perna
- Bank with ATM: Intesa San Paolo
- Bottega with local vegetables and products: Carla's
- Meat shop: Macelleria
- Pastry shop: the best Alcedo
- Bars, Pub: Café De Ja Vù, Lucky Hill Pub
- Restaurants, see below in the food section
- On Sat morning vegetable and fish market, here
- Bus Stop (n. 7) to reach Florence, here. For bus infos use the app AT Bus or the website
- Taxi station here. For taxi booking you can use the app It Taxi or Taxi Move
- Cathedral and churches: San Romolo Cathedral, Santa Maria Primerana Church
FIESOLE CULTURE AND ENTERTAINMENT
In Fiesole, 5 minutes by car, you can find:
- Archeological area with Roman Theatre and ancient Etruscan Walls
- Civil archeological museum
- Bandini Museum
- San Francesco Convent, amazing view on Florence
- Motececeri green park for amazing walks and Piazzale Leonardo the place where Leonardo da Vinci did his flights experiments.
FOOD IN FIESOLE - RESTAURANTS
- Perseus Fiesolano (in the village)
- Dino Olmo (out of the village)
- La Reggia degli Etruschi (in the village)
- Terrazza 45 (in the village)
- Coquinarius (out of the village)
- Mario alla Querciola (out of the village)
- Bistrot al 5 (in the village)
- Antica Fonte (in the village)
HOW TO REACH FLORENCE IN 20/25 MINUTES
- By car: if you want to park close to the center leave your car in the Mercato Centrale park (paid parking)
- By bus: n° 7 bus leaves every 20 min from Fiesole Mino Square. Drop off at Largo Alinari bus stop in Florence city center (last bus stop / terminus).
- By taxi: from Fiesole Mino Square. Taxi companies number 0039 4242 or 0039 4390. Download the app IT Taxi or Taxi Move to book your taxi online.
LOCAL WINERIES AND EXTRAVIRGIN OLIVE OIL PRODUCERS
- Fattoria di Montereggi (wine and extravirgin olive oil)
- Poggio Piano Galardi (wine and extravirgin olive oil)
- Poggio La Noce (wine and extravirgin olive oil)
- Castello del Trebbio (wine and extravirgin olive oil)
- Frantoio Bonamici (stunning location and extravirgin olive oil experiences)
Reservation is required.
POOLS IN THE GREENERY (OPEN IN SUMMER)
- Poggio Piano Galardi pool in the vineyard
- Fattoria di Maiano (+39) 055.599600 email@example.com
Reservation is required.
SEPARATE WASTE COLLECTION DOOR TO DOOR
In the kitchen you'll find the bins.
Please leave the bins (when you want to take out the trash) at the main gate (internal side), not outside.
This is the weekly program of waste collection:
Mon: organic waste
Tue: plastic, packaging (NO glass)
Wed: organic waste
Thu: residual waste (No glass)
Sat: organic waste
Sun: no collection
GLASS: the bin is in the village here.